Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Doe, a Deer, and 20+ Friends


I shot this picture on my way home from my day job last evening.  These cute creatures dot the interstate outside Iowa City.  The other day, four deer casually walked in front of me on a side street, stopping traffic.  They are a sight to behold.

One of my writing mentors taught me to refer to photographs while writing about a scene to help pay attention to the details.  I was hoping to capture a shot of a deer on my commute to aid me in developing the next chapter in my novel.  What a surprise it was to see so many all in one place.  I pulled over and shot this picture through the window of my car.  I can't wait to pen the next chapter –  it's a turning point in the story line.  Everything I need is in my head.  Let the March Madness begin.  Make sure you visit my writer's blog on Friday, March 7 to see how this picture fits into "The Caveman in the Mirror."  The pace is picking up now.  No longer do I feel like I'm scratching my nails on a blank chalk board.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I can't wait to cross the finish line and deliver my first virtual novel to the world.  Thank you, Mother Nature, for all your contributions this Winter. 

No comments: