Wednesday, March 19, 2014

At Your Service


These last two years have been amazing.  I believe I learned something about what it means to serve others.  I'm not talking about the kind of service that you do to get something back.  I'm referring to the acts of kindness you do without expecting anything in return.  I left California because I knew my wife and youngest son would have an opportunity for a better life in Iowa.  I told myself, "Offer it up.  It's time to let go of all the things you love so you can take better care of the ones you love."

The funny thing is I knew people who were making bets about how long it would take before I returned.  They focused on one thing – the weather.  I focused on something else – my family.  Then something really special happened.  Our two older adult children made a decision to move to Iowa and be near us.  They both sought jobs that deal with serving others.  And they found happiness.  Me too.  My joy comes from serving others.

This blog is for you.  I'm sharing my life with you because I want you to have what I have – peace.  No matter where you live, what you do, or what your current situation is, you can have peace.  All it takes is a desire to serve others without expecting something in return.  Peace be with you.  My peace I give you.  Please let me now how I can better serve you in the future.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: