Today is the shortest day of the year. The sun in the Northern Hemisphere is at its lowest point. Winter is officially here. I like to think of this day as a turning point because the amount of sunshine we receive increases every day for the next six months. Here are some things I'm looking forward to in the next six months:
- Celebrating the birth of Jesus on Christmas Day.
- New Years Day. Our family resolutions appear more like lifelong commitments and this year we are more committed than ever to simplifying our lives and living each day to its fullest.
- Valentine's Month. My wife and I decided one day per year is not enough to celebrate our love for each other.
- St. Patrick's Day. This is my target for completing my second book, The Caveman in the Mirror, and releasing it on Amazon.com.
- Increased family time. Our first family vacation since our relocation takes place within the next six months. We are also planning a series of three-day getaways to explore our new surroundings. One of the biggest perks of our day jobs is the vacation time. We are looking forward to one week of vacation every six months.