Monday, December 23, 2013

What Does -20º Feel Like?


The overnight low tonight will be -13º and the local weather people tell me it will feel like -20.  I suppose I will need to experience it myself before I can share how it feels.  Call me crazy but I enjoy my new surroundings.  My wife was hesitant to let me go to my day job yesterday.  I told her I was actually excited to get out on the interstate.  The scenery was incredible.  Trees sprouted icicles that sparkled in the sunlight and  leafless branches were filled with layers of fresh snow from the heavy storm passing through in the middle of the night.  I drove my wife's car which is equipped with two spiked snow tires on the front to help grip the snow and ice.

I remember days in my youth when I played tennis at noon and the Arizona sun heated the courts up to 140º.  One of my students owned a construction business and the only time he was available was in the middle of the day.  He paid me to be his sparring partner.  Neither of us minded what the court conditions were.  It was fun.  So is experiencing my new life in the Midwest.  I'm on the adventure of a lifetime.  The best feeling of all is seeing my wife and kids so happy. 

The big birthday is just two days away.  We are ready for a big celebration at our home on Christmas Day.  The weather outside will be cold but our hearts will be warm and we will be thanking God for all the blessings in our lives.  May you enjoy your Holiday season and have a Merry Christmas. 


No comments: