Thursday, December 5, 2013

This Is Not a Pyramid Scheme


The search for truth can last a lifetime.  I believe I may have accumulated enough material on my journey to write a book about this subject, Wisdom for Dummies.  Here's the Reader's Digest version:
  1. Consider three parts to your life, arranged like a pyramid:  You, your family and God.
  2. Decide who to place at the top of the pyramid and who to place in the second and third position.
  3. Evaluate your life and grade yourself.
  4. If you give yourself a failing grade, think about how re-arranging the three parts of your pyramid may help you raise your grade.
  5. If you're still having trouble, here's a hint – put God in the first position, your family second and yourself last.  This solution is not a pyramid scheme.  It works.
Most of my life I've been the dummy, like the ones you see in those crash tests for automobiles.  Yep, I drove around without a seat belt and suffered greatly every time I got into an accident.  That's what happens when you put yourself first.  There were times in my life when God wasn't even on the pyramid.  I never doubted His existence, however, I did doubt He had time for my troubles.  Once I figured out how to arrange my pyramid properly, things changed.  My whole life changed.  Give it a try.  Let me know how you're doing.  And if you have time, share your thoughts in the comment section below.

No comments: