Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Stormtroopers in Iowa


The locals here call us the "California people."  Yep.  We're the family that behaves like the salmon who swim upstream.  Want an example?  Most people around these parts of the country drive trucks and SUV's.  Here is our oldest son's stormtrooper vehicle...

 I like to think of us as "stormtroopers."  I'm not only talking about those pesky Winter storms like the one that hit in the middle of the night last night – I'm referring to how we respond in any kind of storm any time of the year. 

If you live on the West coast and you're wondering how we're doing, don't worry.  We are enjoying our new surroundings.  We are super excited to be with my wife's family on Sunday for a big family reunion at a place some here call the "castle."  It's like a five star resort for retirees.

On a personal note, I'm working on a plan to destroy the "death star" that showed up on my radar screen last month.  I just want my readers to know I'm committed to restoring financial peace in my household.  The Evil Empire has met a stormtrooper who knows how to use the force.  Keep your eyes on the sky.  When the death star ignites it's going to be so bright some may ask, "Is that the Star of Bethlehem?"  Have a great day.  Time for me to put on my protective gear and go battle the elements.  See you tomorrow.

No comments: