Thursday, November 21, 2013

Winning is a Habit



“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.” ~ Vince Lambardi

There is a special place in my heart for coaches.  And Vince Lambardi is at the top of my list of personal favorites.  These are the people I turn to when I'm seeking to raise my game.  What is it that made Vince so special?  Was is that cool hat he wore?  Was it that grin he displayed that told his opponents, "I'm going make our meeting on the field today memorable for you?"  Or perhaps it was what was going on in his heart that made him so special.

The best answer I offer today has to do with your habits.  They start with a belief in your mind that you can win in all situations.  Once you form that belief, the second step is to develop habits that allow you to win over and over.  You don't need a fancy hat.  You don't need a killer grin.  All you need is a set of habits that set you apart from the rest of the pack.  Your life is a football game.  The clock is running.  Now go out there and show the world what you're capable of.

No comments: