Thursday, November 28, 2013

This is the day the LORD has made


Happy Thanksgiving!  May your day be filled with abundant blessings.  I'm super excited for this day because I will be surrounded by my wife, all three of our children, and numerous family members from my wife's side of the family, including her Aunt Inez, to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Inez is like the fairy godmother who watches over all the younger family members.  During our time in California, Inez updated us with weekly handwritten letters about all the happenings in the Midwest.  The letters at Thanksgiving were always difficult for my wife because she was the only chicken who flew the coop.  After many years away from her family, she is re-united at last.  And the words from Psalm 118:24 have profound meaning on this Thanksgiving Day:

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 

Here's a partial list of reasons I'm filled with gratitude today:
  1. The sun is shining and the highs for today will be above freezing.
  2. My employer closes his doors on all major Holidays so we can be with our families.
  3. I understand God's plan for my life.
  4. I understand the meaning of love.
  5. I have everything I need.
  6. Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
  7. My cup is never empty.
  8. The half-time adjustments I made are working well in the 3rd quarter of my life and I'm finally learning how to get into the end zone.
  9. All three of our children are spreading their wings and learning how to soar like eagles.
  10. You are in my life.  I will always treasure the connection we have.  Although we may be separated geographically, we are able to share time together here on this blog.  I thank God for you.  Thank you for staying connected.
For those of you who are having trouble finding something to be thankful for today, I offer you my prayers.  I feel your pain.  Fix your eyes on Jesus and ask Him to comfort you.  He can heal even the deepest wounds.  And He made this day for you.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments: