Wednesday, November 13, 2013

When All Else Fails, Push the Reset Button


I'm a big fan of the reset button.  One of my business partners recommended it to me when I needed some parenting advice.  "Ask your son if he would like to move to Alaska," he said.

"Why Alaska?"  I responded.

"It's a reset button.  Your son will be in a new environment and he can figure out how he wants to move forward."

My son had the time of his life.  He made new friends.  He experienced one of the most beautiful places on earth.  His time in Alaska gave him an opportunity to reset his life.

I pushed the reset button in my personal life about two years ago.  My wife stood in front of me like Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune and did everything possible to get me to push the button.  I felt like a hypocrite.  Here I am telling my son how pushing the reset button can have a dramatic effect on his life and I'm refusing to take my own advice.

The lesson I learned is that the reset button helps you get unstuck.  Pushing the button means a fresh start.  Give it a try.  Let me know how it works out in your life. 


No comments: