Sunday, November 10, 2013

Why the Cyber-bistro Serves Serial Every Friday


Serial novels were the rage in the Victorian era.  Thanks to new technology, I believe they may be back on the menu for web readers with hungry appetites.  Here's how it works:
  1. Serial novels are published in segments or installments.  
  2. The author decides when to publish — weekly or monthly.
  3. As the story unfolds, readers share their serial with others and help the writer get discovered.
My favorite reading material in high school was cereal boxes.  Now I'm writing a serial novel that appears on cell phones, tablets and notebooks.  If Dickens were around to see this, he would be wondering, what the hell? 

What do you think about serial novels?  Have you checked out my e-serial novel at the Cyber-bistro?  I serve a new chapter every Friday at 8:08 AM, Pacific Time.  Click here to read a new chapter every Friday.  If you like what you see, you may want to email me and insert yourself into a future chapter. 

No comments: