Sunday, November 24, 2013

3 Stress Busters To Recharge Your Life


Doesn't the picture above look inviting?  If you're like me, you may be wondering how great it would feel to test out that hammock.  Here are three stress-buster ideas to help you recharge your life:
  1. Take power naps in the middle of the day.  One of the best features on my cell phone is the count-down timer.  Ideally, I like to set my timer for thirty minutes and then close my eyes in the middle of a busy day.  When the alarm goes off, I feel invigorated and ready to zip through the rest of the day.
  2. Schedule down time.  When I launched my own business with a group of partners, I dreamed of the "808 plan."  The idea was to work 80 days and take 8 days off.  When the recession hit, I drifted off-course and sacrificed my vacation time to put more time into the business.  This contributed to higher stress levels in my life.  This Thanksgiving Day the family will be together and I plan to introduce a modified version of the 808 plan consisting of a one week vacation every six months and two three-day getaways in between the vacations.  This is long overdue.
  3. Visualize your happy place.  If you don't have one already, use the picture above.  Close your eyes when you're on a short break and pretend you're visiting your happy place.  This idea was used by prisoners locked up in concentration camps.  They survived because they were able to see themselves outside their barbed-wire surroundings.
Follow the example of your own heart.  It takes a break after each beat.  When you exercise properly, your heart rate slows down and your heart works more efficiently.  And when you rest, your heart relaxes too.

Please share your own ideas for recharging your life.  What are your favorite stress busters?  I look forward to hearing from you and promise to respond to your suggestions within twenty-four hours.

No comments: