Monday, November 4, 2013

Are You Ready To Put On Your Game Face?


Our youngest son is wearing his game face today.  His football team is playing against an undefeated team tonight in the second round of the high school football playoffs.  I think he enjoys being the underdog.  His coach told the team that tonight's opponent is already looking past them and preparing for round three.  It makes me think of Rodney Dangerfield telling the world, "I don't get no respect!"

Your game face says a lot about you.  Your body language also plays a role.  It doesn't matter how big your giants are.  It doesn't matter if they are undefeated.  What matters is how you prepare yourself mentally and physically for the battlefield of life.

I would like to thank one of my team-mates at my day job who traded a day off with her husband today so I could share the playoff experience with my wife.  We will be rooting for the underdogs.  They are the ones wearing their game faces.  Make sure you have yours on today, especially if you're going against a Goliath.  And don't forget to tuck your slingshot away in your back pocket.  Show the world you mean business.  Go get 'em.

Would you like to share a time in your life when you put on your game face?  Please add your thoughts in the comments section below.


No comments: