Monday, July 4, 2011

A Birthday Wish

Like my car's odometer, the birthdays keep turning over.  I'm doing my best to keep the engine in shape and keep this clunker on the road.  The doctor says I'm doing alright for a fifty-one-year-old.  If you are interested in sending a birthday wish for this Independence Day baby, consider this....

Email me a short story about how you overcame a difficult obstacle or circumstance in your life.  It will bring me great joy to post your story on my newest blog, "Free Lemonade Stories."   Thanks for sharing, it's the best birthday gift ever.

And to my relatives I broke bread with over the weekend in Fresno....Uncle Mike, Aunt Marcie, Mom, Larry, Sarah, Nate, Melissa, Renee, Ryan, Anne, Tony, Matthew, Amy, Anna, Adam, Michael, and my daughter, Nicole.  This weekend was a blessing.  The new members of our family are Heaven sent.  Like my precious wife, Helen, Sarah and Melissa will bring joy to an amazing family  filled with faith and strong family values.  I'm so honored to be a part of it.

As for the newest writer in the family, I offer these words of encouragement....Our Lord has blessed you with many talents.  Besides your incredible mothering skills and your example of how to live a Christian life, your talent for writing is a true blessing.  I encourage you to share it with the world rather than keep it limited to family members.  Your message is universal.  Should you choose to make it available for my blog readers, I will be happy to post a link here.  I read your story cover to cover and cried five times.  Helen is next to read it.  You have a gift and it touched me.  Thank you for sharing.

No comments: