Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Pair of Gifts from a Friend

 He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord. ~ Proverbs 18:22

"I have a pair of books, one for you and one for your wife," my friend said. "I feel called to give them to you and I had them autographed by the author."

My friend recognized the spiritual attack upon my family and felt I needed a special weapon to survive.  The first thought in my head was, Oh no, another task.  How am I going to find the time to read this book?

I graciously accepted the books, "The Power of a Praying Husband" and "The Power of a Praying Wife." When I returned home, I placed the books on top of our bed, one on each pillow, for my wife to discover.  I started reading my book this morning and found peace in the first pages.

The author, Stormie Omartian, sold over 11 million Power of Praying books.  I have a feeling most of them were to the wives first.  While on the book tour, she met men who asked her to write something for them.  At first, she doubted this book would be opened.  We have all the excuses....jobs, chores, ball games to watch, blah, blah, blah.

When I look inside my heart and ask myself, what's really important to me?  The answer is....my wife and children.  Is there any better way to strengthen my family relationships than to learn how to pray more effectively?

If you are a male who is looking for ways to enrich your marriage, order this book today. If you are a wife desiring a prayerful husband or if you know of a couple who could benefit from these books, order them as gifts.  Click here.  To my friend who reached out to me and my wife, I offer a sincere thank you.  May God bless you.

No comments: