Friday, June 24, 2011

Beat the Odds

We've all been in situations where we think the sky is falling.  Despite our best efforts, we find the odds are against us and we can't find a way to win.  Even our own prayers seem to go unanswered. It's like playing black jack.  No matter how good our hand is, the house keeps beating us.

There is a way to become a winner.  All that is required is a change of mind-set. Once you change your perspective, you will beat the odds every time.  Non-believers will accuse you of cheating when they see your track record.  Anybody can do it, it's so simple.  Are you ready?

Here is how you beat the odds.....Repeat after me,

Heavenly Father, I understand your silence each time I pray for help.  I've behaved like a spoiled child, asking for things that are not good for me.  From now on, I'm only going to ask you for things that will help me accomplish what you desire for me.  You created me, you know me, you love me.  Father, you know what is best for me.  Please help me discover why I'm here and give me the tools I need to do what you ask of me.  I ask all this in the name of your precious Son, Jesus.  Thank you for sending Him to die for all my sins.  Thank you also for the gift of your Holy Spirit.  Help me to hear His voice every day so I may learn how I can best serve you.  Amen.

No comments: