Monday, June 20, 2011

Can You Hear Him?

The other day I visited a friend who is dealing with hearing loss.  He strained forward to hear me and asked me to speak louder.  It made me think of all the times God spoke to me in a voice so quiet I often couldn't hear Him.

God's voice is like the vast ocean.  We scoop up a bucket of His words and attempt to fit it into a hole we made in the sand.  Our feeble brains can only comprehend what fits into the tiny space.  Is there a better way to get His messages?

Throw away your sand bucket and immerse yourself in the ocean.  There is an infinite space inside your soul and it's thirsty for every drop of God's living water.  You will never drown and this water is refreshing.  When you are ready to take a dip, you will hear His voice.  Sometimes it will come down like crashing waves on the beach.  Other times, it will resemble a small bubble popping.  Listen for His messages while swimming daily in His waters.

No comments: