Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Mother's Prayer

The final scenes from "God's Black Sheep Squadron" leave readers with a message of hope. My mother's prayers are responsible for how the events unfolded.  She is the unsung hero.  There is something special about the connection between a mother and our Creator, it's the way God hears her pleas for help with her children.

Jesus teaches us to pray unceasingly, with tireless effort.  My siblings and I can thank our mother for teaching us the value of non-stop prayer.  Angels intervene in our lives at low points and keep us safe.  The events occurring in my life today cannot be explained in human terms.  I know in my heart that mom is on her knees asking God to watch out for her children and grandchildren.  Thanks, mom, for ending every conversation with, "God bless you."  Thanks for never giving up on us, even when we wanted to give up on ourselves.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  Honor your mother.  The person you are today exists because of the person she is. 

No comments: