Saturday, May 8, 2010

On the Road Again

Greetings from the desert.  I am in Arizona to attend a memorial service for my Uncle Bill (see post from April 12th... "Tribute to William H. Crean").  Today's post was written one week in advance to avoid complications since Hotel de Mama Mulligan is not internet equipped.

My thoughts for today are centered on my Uncle Bill's family.  His battle with his brain tumor was fought bravely.  He lived his life to the fullest and on this day, we will honor a life lived unselfishly.  I will give my very special Aunt Peggy the hug I promised and meet some of my cousin's children for the first time.

The grieving process is not an easy one.  My Aunt's brother, Fr. George, will deliver a sermon that will touch the hearts of the congregation just as my Uncle Bill touched my heart and the hearts of so many around him.

There is joy in this day, knowing that the four years of pain and suffering have been replaced with eternal happiness that comes from being in the presence of God.  There is hope for all of us that we will see William H. Crean again after our work here is done.  Please pray for this family today as they celebrate the life of the one who finished the race ahead of them...may they be consoled in their loss and may William's spirit thrive in them and in us forever.

The song below is from one of my favorite groups, 4Him.  I dedicate it to my Uncle Bill's wife and children, and to those who's lives were touched by this special man who now sits near the Father in Heaven and patiently waits to be reunited for those who still have work to do on this planet...

No comments: