Thursday, May 27, 2010

Metamorphosis

The process of changing from a caterpillar to a butterfly is known as metamorphosis.  It may be the closest example in nature to demonstrate what happens to us when we decide to become followers of Christ.  It is an extreme make-over.

My time in the cave was like placing myself in a cocoon.  This was a step that was needed to become the person I was created to be.  I cannot explain how Jesus was able to cast out the demons that had been confusing me all my life, however, my new life is as different now as the butterfly is from the caterpillar.

Many fear that they will lose their identity if they decide to follow Jesus.  Do not look at it as something bad.  We were designed by God to become like butterflies. Unless we invite Jesus into our hearts, the metamorphosis cannot begin.  Once the process is complete, we have new vision.  We have the ability to see the caterpillars the way God sees them.  We know that they can become butterflies if they decide to follow the One we follow.  The first step is to share the Good News with the caterpillars, then the Holy Spirit will do the rest.  Are you ready to do your part?

No comments: