Monday, November 30, 2020

Now I Know How the Tin Man Felt When He Met Dorothy

 Imagine you're the tin man in the Wizard of Oz.  Your body is missing its youthful ingredients and you're rusting away.  Dorothy prances your way and she offers you some oil for your aging body.  Voila!  You're young again.  All I can say is I know that feeling very well.  I may not be a tin man but I do know how it feels to live in a sixty-year-old body.  Despite all my efforts to do the right things – exercise, meditate, sleep eight hours a day, and eat right, I'm still aging.  Recently I found something similar to Dorothy's oil. I'm not a doctor so please don't do anything without consulting your own physician first.  I'm only sharing how I feel since adding a couple of new molecules to my daily routine.  

Your body naturally produces the molecules I'm referring to in today's story.  The challenge is that these substances diminish over time.  There is a theory that aging is simply a loss of information.  When the information is lost, bad things happen to the body and the mind.  That's why I'm experimenting with a combination of NMN and Transresveratrol.  By the way, I keep them refrigerated to avoid degradation.  It's still early to report on what's happening to my body.  I do plan on taking blood tests to measure my biological age.  I suspect that something is happening but I want to be able to show some kind of objective proof a little further down the yellow brick road.

I told my wife a few days ago that I feel like the chemicals in my brain are somehow influencing the way I feel.  This could be a placebo.  I don't really know.  All I can say is my happiness levels are somehow going up.  It does make sense to me that if you give a tin man a little oil and he can move again, he should feel much better.  Time will tell.  Stay tuned.  Remember to check in with your doctor before making changes should you decide to add these molecules to your daily regimen.  Have a great day.

No comments: