Saturday, November 7, 2020

Hello Family

 The cherry on top of a near-perfect road trip is happening today.  First, I'm on the courts again at 8 AM for a private lesson with the pro and then another hour-and-a-half of advanced drills with the top players in the area.  I told the pro I wanted to get as much court time as possible before my family arrives for a weekend visit.  

Last night was one of my most memorable tennis moments ever.  I teamed up with Arnel, the tennis pro who is helping me re-invent my game.  We played another pro who partnered with Tom, a seventeen year old senior who made it to the quarter finals of the state tournament.  The "kid" was beyond shocked when my partner revealed I'm 60 years old.  The first set was rough and we lost 6-1 before raising our play.  My partner helped me with some advanced court positioning usually reserved for players much younger and the eye formation was especially intimidating.  The other pro had to stop play in order to give a lesson before the set ended.  We were very happy with the outcome even though we lost 5-3.  One my age might wonder if there is anything more exciting and there is.  It's family time.  Today is a blessing right out of Heaven.  Thank you, Jesus, for all the blessings in my life and for the opportunity to share my life here on this blog.  Have a great day.

No comments: