Friday, March 11, 2022

Please Welcome Jackson to the Writing Sand Box

 Jackson, a teammate at my day job, is majoring in creative writing at the University of Iowa.  He comes from a writing family.  I've been keeping in touch with Jackson as he navigates the learning process involved with his major.  Yesterday he told me he is hitting some writing blocks, a common challenge even amongst the veterans.  When he asked me about my books, I told him about my journey writing inside my own sand box similar to what is found on playgrounds.  For me, writing is all about discovering.  Digging deeper, it's about living the chapters before you can write the chapters.

My writing will be under greater scrutiny now that I've invited Jackson and his writing buddies to spend time here in my sand box, especially because I told him my hopes for my two current projects.  Every writer dreams of reaching best seller status.  I'm attempting this for two simultaneous projects, twin books to be released as a package.  This is not meant to grade the value of my books because I'm a mere pebble in a sea of writers with much more talent.  I'm banking on the one skill I've honed since selling newspapers door to door in my early childhood.  I'm tapping into my marketing experience to deliver on my goals.  All of this is done mostly while playing in my writing sand box.  I'm doing what I love and I'm sharing the fun here every morning at 8:08, Pacific Time.  Thanks for checking this out, Jackson.  Have a great day.

No comments: