Friday, March 18, 2022

Freedom!

Today is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives here in the Midwest.  Our debt monster, Jabba, is no longer with us.  He was pronounced dead at 5:55:02 AM yesterday morning when my wife pulled the plug on his life support.  Jabba starved to death.  His puppy dog expressions near the end of his life weren't enough for us to restart his feeding tube.  We already knew the high cost of supporting his voracious appetite.  Now we are free.  Free at last.  Freedom has its own flavor that appeals to all five of my senses.

There is something special about looking outside my basement window overlooking our backyard this morning.  The tall thin trees are swaying in rapid cadence as the predawn winds make their way through our sleepy town.  Blades of brown grass, now exposed by melted snow, show their gratitude for the sun by offering shades of Shamrock green which symbolizes the Irish quest for freedom.  I appreciate this grass now more than ever because I own it along with those trees dotting our property line.  Oh, what a glorious view.  The trees are in harmony with the wind producing a soothing refrain reminiscent of ocean waves from times past when we resided in a different time zone.  I thank God for delivering my wife and me out of debt slavery.  I have reached the promised land.  Freedom was always waiting for me to embrace her.  I never knew how close she was.  Mounds of debt blocked my view just as the snow blinded the grass with its heavy handedness.  I can see clearly now.  The sun is about to appear soon.  Can you hear the voice of one free man calling out, "Make straight your financial paths"?  Freedom is near.  It may be as close as your own backyard.  May the sun shine brightly on you today and all days.  May you be free of anything that burdens you.  Have a great day.

No comments: