Saturday, March 19, 2022

Get Behind Thee, Satan!

 The commute to my day job in the rainstorm yesterday morning was one of my most challenging ever.  Interstate 80 is already precarious due to the construction taking place.  The lanes are narrow and a bit curvy.  The lines are barely visible making driving difficult.  The heavy rain increased my anxiety.  Then, it happened.  It was is if a deer suddenly leapt in front of me but perhaps worse given the conditions.  There was a loud pop like the sound a stone makes when it hits your windshield but it wasn't a stone.  It was my driver's side windshield wiper popping off and flying over my SUV.  I watched it through my rear view mirror as it bounced behind me on the slippery interstate.  I was driving like a blind man.  I contorted my body to view out the part of the window still visible from the solo blade on the passenger side and made my way to the next exit.  

My window of time to add the spare wiper blade wasn't enough.  The rain calmed a bit and I decided to get back on the interstate relying on the one blade to guide me.  I lifted the driver side mount off the windshield to prevent it from making that awful finger nails on the chalk board sound.  This worked for about two miles.  The driver's side mount snapped back onto the glass and about drove me crazy with the incessant screeching noise.  I sensed grave danger and yelled out, "Get behind me, Satan!"  It worked.  He departed.  I made it to my day job with a minute to spare.  God is good.  So is my Guardian Angel.  I think the Evil One is made at me for taking out one of his minions.  Read my St. Patrick's Day story for details about killing Jabba.  Have a great day.

No comments: