Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Meet Giovanna


The name says it all.  Giovanna, meaning "God is Gracious," is now a part of our family.  My friend, Steve, a retired firefighter who now works at my day job had her custom made years ago.  She is everything I could ask for.  Steve invited me to his home yesterday to meet his pride and joy, a vintage creation with components that bike connoisseurs revere.  I may be a newbie to the bike world but I know in my heart Steve's riding companion is really, really special.  Before agreeing to let her go, Steve asked me to visit with a good friend who owns a bike shop in North Liberty.  I test drove a couple of hand-picked choices from the owner before returning to Steve's home to finalize the adoption.  The new models were exceptional and any of them would have served me well.  I preferred adopting Giovanna.  She is fully depreciated and lovingly appreciated.  She is my gem.  

I would like to thank Steve for entrusting his pride and joy to me.  I promised him I would cherish her all the days of my life.  The training process for Ragbrai in July has begun.  I also plan to find a ride for my wife.  Cycling is something we can do together.  I am beyond ecstatic to be riding into the next chapter of my life.  Thank you, Jesus, for all the blessings you bestow on our family.  Giovanna's name reflects who you are.  Have a great day.


No comments: