Friday, March 4, 2022

I've Got this Surreal Feeling

 There is a stillness in the air this morning.  Mother Nature can't decide what to do.  It could be snow, rain, or even some sunshine.  The grass is a combination of mostly brown with almost imperceptible shades of light green, the first glimpses of Spring ahead.  Besides Mother Nature's seemingly bizarre behavior, I have this surreal feeling in my gut about what lies ahead in my personal life.

Those of you who have been reading my stories since the beginning in late August, 2009, know I'm willing to share everything about my life as long as I keep my family off the grid.  You know my trials.  I revealed at a small group faith community meeting this week that I have been mostly hiding these last ten years since relocating to the Midwest.  God laughs when he sees me with my head buried in the ground.  No matter where I am or how much I try to hide, he sees me.  He knows my thoughts even before I'm thinking them.  

Today is Good Friday.  Nonbelievers want to know why we think it's good since this is the day our Savior was put to death on the Cross.  "What good is that?" they ask.  It's everything.  It's absolutely everything.  This is the day we gained freedom over death.  There is something more we can look forward to, an eternity with God in Heaven.  

I invite you to return here for more stories of hope.  You have made it through some of my most difficult days.  There are some brighter days ahead.  I'm looking forward to sharing some of those days with you.  St. Patrick's Day is going to be a turning point for my wife and me.  I will share more about that soon.  For now I just want to thank Jesus for leading me out of the darkness.  I want to thank him for encouraging me to help others find out why all the days are good, especially Good Friday just before Easter.  Everything good comes from Jesus.  I also realize that the challenges come from Jesus.  He knows exactly how to find us even when all we want to do is bury our heads in the sand.  Have a great day.

No comments: