Thursday, July 23, 2020

The 3 Days That Forever Changed My Life

I know firsthand what it's like to change your opinion when your mind appears opposed to a new way of thinking. When the thought first entered my mind, my body rebelled.  I became so ill that I vomited.  I was certain that what was happening was unrelated to my emotions but I was wrong.  The body has its own defense mechanisms to keep the status quo.

I rarely share what inspired 5,000 love letters between my wife and me but a situation came up yesterday when I felt a gentle nudge to speak from my heart.  All I can say is it was a Holy Spirit moment just as it was when I was instructed to write love letters to my wife during a 3day marriage encounter.  I was forced to confront unresolved issues deep inside my heart and the experience was quite unnerving. The fight or flight reaction was causing my head to spin.  My body was saying, "run!" My wife was willing to get me the Hell out of the retreat but she insisted on telling the leader we were out the door.  He came out to console me.  He said a few words and convinced me to stick around.  My wife and I managed to write some of the best love letters of our lives.  I no longer believe writing is a waste of time. I will be writing daily for as long as I live.  Thank you for the opportunity to share my passion with you.  Have a great day.

No comments: