Tuesday, July 14, 2020

5 Pars in 5 Months

I've been working on a financial freedom plan since the beginning of January 2019.  The idea is to get my monthly expenses in order so that I can get out of debt at an accelerated rate.  I came up with a game to help me stay motivated called Par for the Course.  If I fail to meet my monthly goal, I rate the month as a bogey.  Hit the goal and I earn a par for the month.  Exceed the goal and I record an eagle for the month.  The first year was horrendous.  I stayed with it, looking for ways to avoid the sand traps like the one I faced this month when our tax bill was due.  I'm happy to report that this month marks the 5th month in a row where I scored par or better.  The debt reduction game is actually starting to get exciting.  I would like to thank those of you who offered me encouragement when I felt like a big loser.  Debt reduction is possible if you're willing to change your spending habits.  Have a great day.


No comments: