Monday, July 6, 2020

Can You Live an Untethered Life?

The word untethered came to me as I was awakening from a deep slumber this morning.  It's a word that pretty much sums up my life.  Imagine what your life would look like if you could find a way to release yourself from everything that binds you up.  Some people are so tethered that they can't even fathom letting go.

There was a time in my life when I believed letting go meant surrender.  My definition of surrender has changed.  Now it means freedom.  What I've discovered is that when you hold on to something you are meant to let go of is like sentencing yourself to misery.  You are chasing dreams that don't belong to you.  Life is so much better when you untether yourself and allow God's dreams for your life to find you.  They can't find you until you allow yourself to be in a receptive atmosphere.

If today's story is resonating with you but you're unsure how to begin, I recommend you close your eyes and see yourself untethered.  Let your mind wander.  If you can see this picture in your mind and you like what you see, maybe you will make one of the most important decisions of your life.  Have a great day.

No comments: