Sunday, May 29, 2016

Why I'm Becoming a Food Detective


I suspect there's something going on with our food supply that our government isn't telling us.  I don't have answers – only questions.  That's where the detective work begins.  Trust no one.  Follow every lead.  Experiment.  Challenge conventional wisdom.   I'm just getting started.  It's personal.  When I agreed to become a lab rat in a food experiment nine months ago it was the beginning of my quest to find good health.  The good doctor advised me to throw out everything with a label on the package and concentrate on fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  My high blood pressure disappeared within 72 hours.  My cholesterol levels went from unsafe to ideal.  I stopped snoring.  I lost 35 pounds without even trying.  Friends and family members wanted to know why my health turned around so quickly.  I'm still trying to figure it out.  More importantly, I'm looking for the best way to duplicate the experiment and produce positive results for people in similar situations.

Patient XX is sick and the doctors don't know what's wrong with her.  She's going in for a consultation next month and hopes to get an endoscopy.  When her doctors asked her to eat processed foods containing gluten in February, her symptoms worsened.  Patient XX gained over 25 pounds.  Her stomach has become a war zone.  She can barely walk.  I asked her to document her food journey.  She can't wait to try the caveman food experiment once her diagnosis is complete.  Stay tuned.  I'll be sharing my findings here.  Have a great day.

No comments: