Sunday, May 22, 2016

Plot Twist in Caveman Food Experiment


One of my day job peers shared her recent food challenges yesterday.  Her doctor asked her to eat processed foods and add gluten to her diet in preparation for her endoscopy next month – the best procedure for diagnosing celiac disease.  She feels worse each day and the pain is nearly unbearable.  Another unfortunate side effect is a weight gain of over twenty-five pounds in the last ninety days.  When I shared my story about giving up all processed foods and anything with a label, she wanted to hear more.  I added that giving up gluten was part of the experiment since many gluten products on the market today are man-made.

I'm excited to follow Patient XX on her food journey and plan to help her get back on track with a caveman food program rich in fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds once her doctors complete their tests.  She plans to document her progress and is excited to join the caveman food experiment.  Stay tuned.  I told Patient XX she won't be reading my next book – she'll be in the book.  How's that for a plot twist?  Have a great day.

No comments: