Monday, May 16, 2016

It's All About Training


Those on the outside looking in may be wondering when I'm finally going to remove my training wheels.  Isn't 55 old enough?  I believe most people take the training wheels off too soon.  They take one bad spill and give up.  I'm living proof it's okay to put those training wheels back on no matter your age.  Training is part of life.  So is rest.  There's a certain rhythm.  One area of my life I'm working on right now involves three to four hours of intense weekly training.  Our men's tennis team is preparing for the next round of the USTA playoffs.  Our local pro is working us hard.  We're competing with players who are still in college.  Call me crazy, but I think we have a shot at the national championships.  If we do get to the big show in Southern California in the Fall, it will be because we trained like there's no tomorrow.  I know one thing for certain, I'm going to keep on training right up until the last day of my life.  It's all about the training.  Go for it.  Have a great day.

No comments: