Sunday, May 8, 2016

Lessons From My Mother


50% of my DNA comes from my mother.  Although her DNA may be from almost every continent on the planet, that's only part of the story.  I believe my mother's most enduring quality has nothing to do with her DNA.  It's that part of her soul with a capacity to love everyone that I admire most.  My mother taught me to forgive, not by her words but by her actions.  She never ceases to pray for her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, countless nephews and nieces, and for those today who may be missing their mothers or maybe grew up without a mother to love them.

Happy Mother's Day, mom.  This is your day.  Thanks for all the lessons.  I know I still have much to learn in this world but you have given me a solid foundation.  God bless you and all the mothers in this world.  I love you!  Have a great day.

No comments: