Monday, May 9, 2016

Find Your Mojo




Mojo:  a quality that attracts people to you and makes you successful and full of energy.

Your mojo left a voice message for you while you were sleeping.  It wanted to come home after a long absence from your life.  Remember the good 'ole days when you two were inseparable?  What happened?  Did the world convince you you're too old, too fat, or too tired to deserve mojo in your life?  Just because so many people in your age group lost their mojo, it doesn't mean you can't get it back.  The truth is you can help your friends find their mojo if you're willing to find yours first.  Here's how I found mine...

1.  I stopped acting my age.  This is important because your age is mostly defined by the world's standards – the people who eat processed foods filled with all kinds of things that make our bodies age at an accelerated rate.

2.  I kissed my couch potato days good-bye.  The fastest way to lose your mojo is to become sedentary.  I spent every waking hour of my life writing books and gave up exercising.  This was a bad move and it cost me my mojo.  I'm still writing but at a reduced rate so that I can make more time to be active.

3.  I make time for my passions.  There are five on my list – writing, playing tennis, home improvement projects, cooking, and coaching others (helping them find their mojo).  Every morning when I wake up, I share something on this blog and it gives me tremendous satisfaction knowing others are benefiting.  I also prepare two or three main meals a week for Mrs. Caveman and myself.  There are countless recipes online and videos to help me become a better cook.  I'm playing competitive tennis twice a week and feel like I'm reversing the aging process (or maybe I'm so happy to be on the tennis courts that I just can't feel the aches on pains associated with getting older).  The home improvement projects help bring peace to our cave dwelling.

The next time your mojo calls, answer the phone.  Then get out of bed and work on your relationship with your old buddy.  Your mojo will never leave you if you make it a priority in your life.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting! Feeling more Encouraged to keep rolling with My *Mojo!! :D
Have an Awesome day!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting! Feeling more Encouraged to keep rolling with My *Mojo!! :D
Have an Awesome day!

Michael Mulligan said...

You're welcome, Jenifer. I appreciate you taking the time to join the conversation. May your MOJO always be with you.

Michael Mulligan said...

You're welcome, Jenifer. I appreciate you taking the time to join the conversation. May your MOJO always be with you.