I'm one of those people who thrives on the chaos. Most days, I'm really not sure what to expect. The one thing I can count on is that each day will look quite different from the one I planned the day before. Here are some suggestions to help you deal with unexpected change in your day:
- Consider your daily goals as a template for the day -- they are your starting point, not the finished product.
- Welcome the variety that comes from unplanned opportunities -- they add flavor to your day.
- Expect chaos. You are not a robot and neither are the people around you. Be prepared for unforeseen circumstances that are not on your calendar.
- Appreciate the unplanned interruptions -- they give you the opportunity to showcase your flexibility.
- Understand that your advancement opportunities come from your ability to handle unexpected situations.