Sunday, June 30, 2013

How Writing Changed My Life


What do you get when you discover a talent you didn't know you possess and you pursue it daily?  There are two answers.  The world says, "He's crazy.  Look at him wasting his time.  Who does he think he is?  He's no New York Times Bestseller."  Here's my answer:

I am crazy.  I don't fit in.  I'm one of those misfits you hope you're not sitting next to on a long plane ride.  The Evil One has used every dirty trick in the book to try and stop me from doing the one thing I was born to do -- write.  He's a loser.  I'm calling Him out.  Sure, He planted seeds of doubt all over the planet and He convinced a lot of people to abandon their passions.  I know the final score.  I know the end of the story.  I wake up every morning inspired.  It took a long time for me to learn the music scales.  Now, I'm ready to play.  The keyboard is my trumpet.  Cyberspace is my venue.  I don't need a sellout crowd.  My Master wants me to play, even if there is only one audience member.  He says if you're willing to lay down your life for another, you're okay in His book.

My hope for you is that you pursue your dream(s).  I encourage you to become deaf to the voices of the naysayers.  I challenge you to be the best version of yourself that only you can be.  And if the world tells you you're crazy.  Nod your head and agree.  The world needs more crazy people.  What do you think? 

No comments: