It's been almost a year since we lost one of our team-mates at work. Ryan and his girlfriend were in a tragic motorcycle accident that took his life and left his girlfriend in critical condition. Her recovery is amazing. And she just did something recently most of us would never dream of...she got a motorcycle license. Someday she plans to buy the same bike her boyfriend was killed on.
Fear is something we all have. Jesus talks about fear more than any other subject. He knows how the Enemy uses fear to stop us in our tracks. If you find yourself struggling with fear, here are seven tips to help you:
- Fear lives in the shadows. Turn the light on. It helps to see what you're dealing with.
- Understand where fear comes from. It does not come from God. It is a road block to God.
- Love is stronger than fear. The greater your love is, the weaker your fear becomes.
- Fear comes from having trust issues. Learn to trust and watch your fears dissipate.
- Remember what the final score will be. Your team wins. Fear is the only weapon the Enemy has to try to confuse you and distract you. Keep your eyes on the scoreboard and remind the Enemy the outcome has already been determined.
- Fear can be converted into high octane gas; it gives you all the fuel you need to move forward. Use it to fill up your tank and charge ahead.
- The greatest fear most of us have is about death. Jesus conquered death. It's no longer an issue. Death is simply a doorway to eternal life.