Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Fishing Story


1,393 days ago I cast my fishing rod into cyberspace for the first time.  There are people observing my strange ways, and they ask, "what the hell are you doing?"  They think I'm wasting my time.  How many fishermen do you know who fish every day without catching anything?

If you want to blame anyone, you can blame my mentor.  Issaiah 55:8 offers a clue...“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.  Jesus is teaching me to fish like no other.  I'm in search of one fish.  It may take an entire lifetime to accomplish my mission.  I don't know where this fish lives or what language he or she speaks.  I just know the fish exists somewhere in deep waters.  Here is my plan to reel this fish in:
  1. Keep fishing every day for the rest of my life.
  2. Keep learning new ways to fish.  Modern technology allows my stories to be translated into any language my fish understands.
  3. Remember my purpose in life:  to catch the one fish who believes he or she can't be caught.
There is a chance I may show up at the pearly gates empty-handed.  If St. Peter challenges me, I already know what I'm going to say...  "Peter,  I left my fishing pole out there in cyberspace and my blog stories are still floating around.  The big one is finally nibbling and I'm going to need your help to reel it in."

Do you have a fish story to share?  I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: