Thursday, June 27, 2013

Celebrating Serendipity


Some people call it luck.  Others call it fate.  I call it serendipity -- unexpected events that happen when when you're searching for something else.  They are "happy accidents."  Just because it's not what you were expecting, it doesn't mean it's not everything you've been waiting for.

Today marks one year since we rolled the doors at my day job for the first time and crowds of people came in to see what all the buzz was about.  I got the opportunity to shake hands with the founder of the company and the new CEO who was accompanying him for our grand opening.  Our marketing team, located in a remote area surrounded by corn fields, set a world record.  One year later, I'm still pinching myself.

The best way I can describe my life is that it's a series of happy accidents.  I'm just beginning to grasp how the life I carefully mapped out for myself pales in comparison to the one God is revealing, one day at a time.

May your day be filled with unexpected surprises that bring about happy outcomes.  Would you like to share a serendipitous moment in your life?  Please add to the story by clicking the comments button below.

No comments: