Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Value of Teamwork


One by one, birds of multiple species zeroed in the squirrel outside my bedroom window this morning.  The birds swooped in like kamikazes.  I don't know what the squirrel was doing, however, the birds worked together to drive him out, even though he was bigger and stronger.  The attack was relentless.  Eventually, the squirrel retreated.

The incident reminds me of the times in my life when I wonder if my contributions make a difference.  When we are alone the enemy appears invincible, however, our strength is multiplied when we join a group and work on a common cause just as the birds each contributed this morning to drive out the invader.

If you are having trouble getting things done, try joining a group.  The group will benefit from your talents and you will benefit from their help.  Do you have any experiences to share about the value of teamwork?  Please leave your comments below.

No comments: