Friday, August 24, 2012

Why I Can't Stop Blogging

But if I say, “I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot ~ Jeremiah 20:9

Do you remember your teenage years when those ugly zits forced their way to the surface of your face, one after the other?  I will never forget that day in the elevator when one of those over-sized pimples appeared on the tip of my nose.  My college buddy, Steve, stared directly at it just as the doors closed.  Then he asked, "what is that thing on your nose?"  There was no place I could hide while five co-eds zeroed in on my horrid pimple.  My life was moving in slow motion and there was no place to take cover.

My blog stories are like teenage pimples that erupt without warning.  The Spirit within me fires up my heart and bones.  I cannot restrain it; it overpowers my life.  The more I blog, the stronger the fire becomes.  The flames will never cease until I breathe my last breath.  And long after I'm gone, the Spirit will remain in the words left behind.

No comments: