Leadership doesn't come from fancy job titles. It comes from having a sense of direction and getting others to follow that vision. Take time to find out what people around you want in life. Help them get there. The more you know about them, the better leader you can be.
The best leaders are the ones who care about others. Leaders find out what makes the people around them tick and then ignite that inner passion needed to live the dream. Here are some steps to help you become a better leader:
- Find out what the people around you want with their lives.
- Help them come up with a plan to achieve their goals.
- Give them space to grow.
- Lead by example.
- Help them navigate the rough waters when they get stuck.
- Take time to discover the unique gifts each person around you has and encourage them to develop their talents.
- Stay positive. People gravitate to leaders who have a great attitude.
- Keep learning. The world is changing. Stay on top of new technology and ideas.
- When negative feedback is necessary, do it in private.
- When positive feedback is appropriate, do it in public.