Do you find yourself struggling to come up with a game plan for your life? Is it difficult to get through your to do list? Is your workload so overwhelming that you have trouble sleeping at night?
There was a time in my life when I thought I had everything figured out… The retirement, the travel plans, etc. etc. I never really lived in the moment because I was so busy preparing for the future. I am sure there are many times when God laughed as He watched me running around in circles, trying to do things my way.
The most important lesson that I've learned about the future is that it is not as important as today. Today is the most important day of our lives. You are spending time reading this blog because you are searching for something. Maybe you don't really know what it is that you are looking for. When you are done with your blog reading, you will have some choices. Here are some ideas:
1. Stop worrying about tomorrow.
2. Recognize that the moment you're living in is a gift.
3. Let go of yesterday. It's over.
4. Stop comparing yourself to others and be happy with what you have.
5. Use this moment to tell those you are close to that you love them.
6. Forgive an enemy… TODAY.
7. Exercise for one hour… TODAY.
8. Throw away all the junk food in your house… TODAY.
9. Buy some fruits and vegetables… TODAY.
10. Do something nice for somebody that is in no position to repay you… TODAY.
My friends, if you promise yourself to do these 10 things and learn to live moment by moment, your life will become fulfilling. Please, do me a favor and get out your calendar. Put a note on 3/17/11 to e-mail me at Socalmulligan808@gmail.com. I want you to send me an e-mail updating me on how living in the moment helped you. If you can do this for the next 30 days, you can do it for the rest of your life.
Make a commitment today to live one moment at a time. I hope to hear from you on March 17th, the day that "God's Black Sheep Squadron" launches.