Thursday, February 10, 2011

The 100-fold Blessing

“Then Isaac sowed seed in that land and received in the same year a hundredfold as much as he had planted, and the Lord favored him with blessings, and the man became great, gained more and more until he became very wealthy and distinguished.”~ Genesis 26:12-13

In the Bible verse above, Isaac receives a hundredfold increase in his crop.  I never really grasped the magnitude of a hundred-fold until one of my spiritual mentors spelled it out for me.  He was nudging me to dream bigger dreams and sow more seeds in God's name.

This Bible lesson is too important to keep to myself and I am compelled to share it with anyone willing to listen, especially when most of us don't want to sow in hard times.  It is tempting to eat all the seeds rather than plant a crop for the future.

The way my friend described 100-fold made me awestruck.  He said, "imagine that you have one dollar and you increase it by 100%.  That dollar now becomes one hundred dollars.  Most people think that is one hundredfold.  You are just getting started with God's math.  The NEXT STEP is to square the one hundred dollars.  When God intervenes, the dollar that you sowed is now TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!"

The reason most of us never see these blessings in our lives is because we are afraid to sow.  We really don't BELIEVE that our crop can be bountiful, especially when the world seems to be falling apart economically.

In my own life, I have chosen to look beyond economics and beyond human limitations.  This blog and the book that is to follow is the best example I can offer of the 100-fold blessing.  Many times, it has been a huge sacrifice for me to plant seeds in times of scarcity.  On St. Patrick's Day, it will be time for the harvest.

How about you?  Are you ready to sow?  When you make God first in your life, you will never be hungry again and your crops will be fruitful.  Plant some seeds today.

No comments: