Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Second Trimester

Like preparing for a baby to be born, writers go through stages of pregnancy.  If I were having a baby, this would be the beginning of my second trimester.  Many families withhold announcements until they have made it safely through the first three months, a time when complications arise.

As a first-time author, I am experiencing an excitement that touches every fiber of my being.  Twice a month, I check in with my writer's critique group just like moms-to-be go to lamaze classes to learn how to breathe properly and reduce anxiety.

Yes, my little baby is now just six months away from being delivered.  I embrace what lies ahead as I see the joy on the faces of the other writers in the group talking about their "babies".  I feel like I should be passing out cigars or green bagels like the ones my dad served at "Mulligans" on St. Patrick's Day.   My head is spinning.  I must practice the breathing techniques and remain calm.  There is so much to do.  Thank you for allowing me to share these thoughts as I continue with the preparations and thank you for your prayers.  Stay tuned.  Six months to go!...

No comments: