Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Jewel in the Palm of my Hands

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love ~ 1 Corinthians 13:13

Faith, hope and love, like members of a family, are connected to each other, forever.  It is nearly impossible to have two of these while missing the the third "sister".  In my own life, I have been Blessed with three sisters.  Together, we have survived some very challenging times.  I cannot imagine my life without any one of them.  They have helped me to understand what faith, hope and love is.

My wife, Helen, is the jewel that God has placed in the palm of my hands.  Like my three sisters, she has encouraged me.  Her love has helped me to know the meaning of God's love for us.  "Remember who brought you into a deeper relationship with God", she told me the other day.  "Remember which one of us went to church when we first met".  I will never forget seeing God's light inside of her, a light that shines brighter with each passing day. 

This "jewel" I am married to is the wind beneath my wings.  Without her example of faith, hope and love, my life would be incomplete.  If someone has been placed in your life that has helped you on your journey, take a moment and let them know how special they are.  May your life be Blessed with all three sisters, Faith, Hope and Love...

No comments: