Sunday, September 12, 2010

Out of the Cave




 1After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him ~ Luke 8:1

Out of the Cave
by Mike Mulligan ~  9/10/10



Broken and fallen, I cower deep inside my cave,
from a distance, you approach with your followers behind,
your white robe illuminates the rocky path to my hide-out,

I study your face,
your eyes are the doorway to your soul,
they fix their stare upon me,
without speaking a word,

I hear your voice; Jesus,
I crawl from my tomb,
clothes tattered and face unkempt,
I long to be near you,
but cannot speak with my own voice,
The dark spirits silence me,
Your words come forth like bolts of lightning,
they pierce my demons,
casting them out from me,

You extend your arms,
my body goes limp,
you hold me up,
my soul awakens,
I am new again,
no longer to dwell in caves,
My new home is with the liberator of my soul.

No comments: