Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hope 4 Eternity

“We judge of man's wisdom by his hope.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson ties hope and wisdom together in the quote above.  I believe there is no greater hope for humanity than the hope for eternity.  It may be difficult for some to venture beyond what can be seen in black and white and experience what is outside our five senses.

If I had not been such a hard-headed, stubborn individual, perhaps I could have gained this wisdom Emerson writes about decades ago.  I prayed every day for wisdom just to survive the challenges that seemed to knock me down every day.  There was a higher source that wanted to grant me answers to these prayers but I was too immature to trust what I could not see.

Looking for some wisdom?  Ask and it shall be given to you.  It starts with hope, just add a prayer and see what happens.  Are you ready?

No comments: