Friday, July 30, 2021

Hawaii Travel for the Green Mangos

 Are you thinking about a tropical vacation to Hawaii in the near future?  If you are, you may be considering how to deal with the travel restrictions due to the pandemic.  I'm crossing my fingers and saying a few prayers as I approach the 808 area code within the next 24 hours.  My hope is that tbe authorities allow me to proceed to the island of Molokai with my wife and my mom. For the first week of our vacation.  When it comes to Hawaii politics, I am what islanders call a "green mango."  

Here's what I've learned so far.  Keep in mind I'm sharing as I go as I attempt to ride the big Kahuna of government red tape.  An angel from Iowa who transplanted to San Diego agreed to help us get a test for COVID-19 at Walgreens after repeated failures to do this myself online.  This green mango had no clue a Walgreens account is necessary before setting up an appointment.  Once we overcame that obstacle, the next vital step was to get a same day appointment as we are flying to Hawaii in the morning.  This angel helping us promised she would give all three of us the drive thru test once we secured appointments even if the earliest time slot was outside our window of opportunity to get the results in time.

It's time now for us green mangos to ripen.  Our three adult children are paying careful attention to our progress as we uncover all the hidden challenges coming at us.  Stay tuned to learn more about this adventure we are on.  If all goes well, we will see our adult children in Maui for the second week of our vacation.  Aloha!  Have a great day.

No comments: