Friday, July 9, 2021

Danger or Opportunity?

These days it seems like it's one crisis after another.  If it's not Mother Nature heaving fireballs from within or sending tsunamis to our beaches, it's our political people fighting about who is right and who is wrong.  The pandemic we are dealing with is the icing on the cake loaded with the kind of ingredients I would rather avoid if I had a choice.  Instead I look at crisis as a two-sided coin just as the Chinese do.  Danger is on one side and opportunity on the other.  The greater the crisis, the more visible the two opposing forces reveal to the world.

One of the top leaders at my day job visited yesterday.  We had a brief chat at the end of his tour of our building.  I shared how important it is to see the opportunity in the midst of the crisis.  It was my opportunity to thank him for my job.  Amazing things happen when you focus on serving others rather than hiding from all the danger lurking in even the safest of places.  How about you?  Which side of the coin will you see the next time danger strikes?  Have a great day. 

No comments: